Are You Considering Abortion? Get the Facts First.
Your decision should not be made quickly or under pressure. Get the facts before making a choice you may regret later.
Health Experts Say
· Studies show that legal abortion deeply affects women long term.
· A 2004 U.S. study linked abortion to a host of mental health problems.
· Women who abort are 30% more likely to experience anxiety than those who did not have one (Bowling Green State University Study, 2004, involving more than 11,000 women ages 15-34).
· Miscarriage is associated with more mental distress in the six months after the loss of a baby – but abortion has a much longer lasting negative effect (Oslo Study, 2005, comparing 40 women who had had a miscarriage with 80 who chose to have an abortion).
· 42% of women who had abortions had experienced major depression within 4 years of the abortion. That is twice the rate of the women who did not become pregnant within the time of the study. Anxiety disorders also doubled (New Zealand Study, 2006; research conducted on 500 women).
Other symptoms from the abortion experience include but are not limited to: irritability, fatigue, anniversary syndrome, relationship issues, difficulty sleeping, pounding or racing heart, feelings of unreality.
But among the abortion group 25.7% were still experiencing distress after six months, and 20% at five years. (Oslo Study, 2005)
Did you Know?
There is evidence that the risk of breast cancer may increase 140% following an abortion.
(British Journal of Cancer 1995; 72:744-751)
Our female peer counselors will help you examine your options confidentially. Call today to make an appointment or just walk in. The Pregnancy Centers do not refer for or perform abortion services, but provide specific, medically-accurate information on abortion procedures and risks, and all options.